Stress, anxiety and depression are some of the most common issues that patients come to me for, a demand for which, in my experience, has increased significantly over the last ten years.
Chronic stress manifests in a wide range of emotional, physical, cognitive and behavioral symptoms, many of which can relieved through acupuncture treatments.
Acupuncture can help relieve many of the symptoms surrounding stress, anxiety and depression with patients reporting:
- More stable mood, calmness and centeredness
- Happier, more consistent sense of ease
- Better self-esteem
- Feeling more in control & able to perform work
- Usual anxiety triggers no longer affect them
- Higher / more stable energy
- Ease of digestion
- Free of aches & pains
- Better circulation
- Higher adaptability & ability to solve problems
- More ease integrating learning experiences
- Improved libido
- Higher focus
- Clearer thinking & decision-making
- Better ability to take on work and tasks
- Appetite regulation
The physiology of emotional, physical, cognitive and behavioural symptoms are well described in this article I recently stumbled up: The Physiology: How acupuncture works for stress, anxiety and depression
If you are suffering from stress, anxiety or depression I would highly recommend giving acupuncture a go..
It could change your life!